Asian at Home: Lemon Gochujang Chicken
|For gochujang mixture|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Boneless skinless chicken thighs||2|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the Gochujang mixture and whisk well. Take 1 Tablespoon of the mixture and set aside for later.
2. Add chicken into the gochujang mixture, coat well on both sides and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Add sesame oil into a cold medium skillet, place marinated chicken on the skillet before you turn on the heat.
4. Heat the skillet over medium heat, chicken will start sizzling cook for 5 minutes, and turn it over. Cook for another 3 minutes or until done and keep turning over to prevent burning.
5. Brush the remaining gochujang mixture on the chicken each time when you are turning it over.
6. Remove from the heat serve with warm rice, steamed vegetables or between slices of breads.
I started cook the chicken on a cold skillet, because I didn't want to add on a hot skillet and burn it even before start cooking.
Gochujang is very easy to burn, specially even more sugar in the sauce.Keep the heat on medium, just be patient and you will have a beautiful spicy juicy chicken on your plate.