This is our solar cooked version of the
Malaysian Clay Pot Chicken & Rice dish
2 Pound (cut into medium pieces)
Dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon, minced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Long grain rice
3 Cup (48 tbs)
7 Cup (112 tbs) (homemade)
1. Set up the solar cooker with a black stoneware bowl in a larger glass bowl placed on a reflector.
2. In a large bowl, add the chicken and all the ingredients except the rice, scallions and the chicken broth.
3. Let the marinated chicken rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Place the rice in the stoneware bowl and add the chicken broth.
5. Add the marinated chicken in the bowl and replace the lid.
6. Let it sit in the sun for 3 hours and 45 minutes.