Chong Gak Kimchi
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Korean green plum sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||5 , sliced into 4 inch strips|
|Korean radish||4 Pound, peeled, with stems attached (Chonggak Korean Radish Bachelor Radish,)|
|Coarse salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet rice flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||6 Medium, minced|
|Plum sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||25 Cup (400 tbs)|
|Green onion||5 Medium, stems sliced into 4 inch strips|
1) Wash the radishes nicely and keep them in a bowl.
2) In a large container mix water and salt. Pour it over radishes.
3) Leave them for 3 hours.
4) In a saucepan, mix 2 cups of water and rice flour.
5) Cook stirring constantly until the mixture bubbles. Turn off heat.
6) In another bowl, add rice flour mixture and red pepper flakes, fish sauce, sugar and plum sauce and mix well.
7) Then, add ginger and garlic, green onion and mix well.
8) Now, mix this mixture with radishes and toss to coat well.
9) Take a container with a lid and transfer the mixture into it.
10) Cover it and leave it for 3 days at room temperature and then refrigerate it.
11) Serve bachelor khimchi with any of the main courses or use it as an ingredient.
Calories 35 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.47 g0.72%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 308.5 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet