Lebanese Shish Barak in a Yogurt Mint Sauce
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon, blended with 3 tablespoon water|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Seven spices||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Greek yogurt/Mediterranean yogurt||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon (Blended With 3 Tablespoon Of Water)|
|Garlic cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried mint||1 Teaspoon|
1. First step is to make the dough, mix all 3 dough ingredients in a bowl and let rest for 15 minutes.
2. Next, for the filling heat a pan then add the olive oil, beef, seven spices and salt and cook for 5 minutes until meat is browned, set aside.
3. Flour a flat surface, roll out dough to ⅛ inch thickness and cut into 3 inch circles.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of the meat filling in the middle of each circle, fold over one side of the dough and seal to the other side by pressing down, this will form a crescent shaped dumpling. Repeat until filling and dough is used up.
5. In a pot, add the yogurt and 2 cups of water, heat on medium low heat and continually stir.
6. After 3-4 minutes, add the dissolved corn starch in water mix to the yogurt pot, stir and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Then add the garlic, mint and salt, stir well, slowly add the dumplings to the pot, let them simmer on low hear for 10-15 minutes.
8. Serve warm in bowls, garnished with mint.
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 400
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg13.3%
Sodium 289.2 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet