1. First step is to make the dough, mix all 3 dough ingredients in a bowl and let rest for 15 minutes.
2. Next, for the filling heat a pan then add the olive oil, beef, seven spices and salt and cook for 5 minutes until meat is browned, set aside.
3. Flour a flat surface, roll out dough to ⅛ inch thickness and cut into 3 inch circles.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of the meat filling in the middle of each circle, fold over one side of the dough and seal to the other side by pressing down, this will form a crescent shaped dumpling. Repeat until filling and dough is used up.
5. In a pot, add the yogurt and 2 cups of water, heat on medium low heat and continually stir.
6. After 3-4 minutes, add the dissolved corn starch in water mix to the yogurt pot, stir and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Then add the garlic, mint and salt, stir well, slowly add the dumplings to the pot, let them simmer on low hear for 10-15 minutes.
8. Serve warm in bowls, garnished with mint.
This is a rather unique way to serve dumplings. While the meat stuffed dumplings are like those from any other cuisines, the highlight of this dish is the Mediterranean-Middle Eastern twist; the yogurt mint sauce. The tangy yogurt sauce flavored with mint compliments the spicy meat stuffed dumplings. Who doesn't like dumplings? Especially dumplings filled with warm seven-spiced beef and bathed in warm yogurt sauce?
Lebanese Shish Barak In A Yogurt Mint Sauce Recipe Video