1. To make the dough, combine yeast, water and sugar and let sit for ten minutes, add olive oil.
2. In a mixer or large bowl, add yeast mixture, slowly add flour, half cup at a time until all combined, add a teaspoon of water if needed to combine dough, add olive oil.
3. Coat a large clean bowl with oil and add dough ball to it, let dough rise for 1 hour.
4. Form dough into 1 inch small floured balls and cover with plastic wrap, set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. In a large bowl, mix meat, onions, tomatoes, 7 spices, salt, black pepper and red pepper until well combined.
7. On a floured surface roll out the dough balls into 4-6 inch circles.
8. Place 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture in the center, pinch opposite sides of the dough and form a square by pinching 4 sides together.
9. Place the sfeeha squares on a nonstick sheet pan, or on a sheet pan sprayed with olive oil spray.
10. Bake the meat pies for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
11. Remove meat pies from oven and paint them with melted butter or spray with olive oil spray to give them a nice gloss.
12. Reheat in an oven or toaster oven for 5-8 minutes to keep the dough soft and crunchy.
13. Serve with Mediterranean yogurt and slices of lemon.
These little Lebanese open meat pies are flavorful flat bread pies topped with spicy ground meat filling. They look so cute, like mini pizzas and smell oh-so-wonderful when fresh out of the oven. If the dough and filling is pre-prepared, these mini pies can be whipped up in no time and you will have a fabulous dish to serve at a party or to snack on when you feel the urge. You can make them in advance and either freeze them for a month or reheat them. So convenient, so delicious. These go so great with a f