Dede's Best Hummus
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garbanzo beans||1 Can (10 oz) (Chick Peas)|
|Tahini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sesame Seed Paste)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Citric acid||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (To Dilute Consistency)|
|Fresh mint leaves||To Taste (One Handful)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
|Cayenne pepper/Paprika||1 Teaspoon (For Garnishing)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnishing)|
1. In a food processor, first add the garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice and salt, blend until smooth.
2. Next add, yogurt, tahini, water and mint leaves.
3. Optional, if your consistency is the way you want, but you want more lemon flavor, add citric acid to enhance the flavor.
4. Spread the hummus in a nice plate and garnish with parsley, cayenne pepper and olive oil
5. Serve with pita bread, crackers or vegetables.
if you don't want to use canned chick peas, purchase dried chick peas, soak in a bowl of water to the brim, overnight. Drain the chick peas and pour them into a large pot, with water to the brim just to cover the chick peas, add 1 tbs baking soda, cook on medium low heat for 1 hour or until the chick peas are tender and easy to smash with our finger.
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 188.8 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 14 g27.5%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 34.9%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet