The Jaci Yeo Show - Kimbap Part 3
|For the rice|
|Cooked short grain rice/Cooked medium grain rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mirin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/4 - 1/8 Cup as Needed)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust to your taste)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|For the spinach|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh spinach leaves||300 Gram (2 Bags spinach used)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the spam|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (As needed)|
|Spam||1 Can (10 oz), sliced|
|For the eggs|
|Eggs||4 Medium, scrambled|
|Soy sauce||1 Dash|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|For rolling the kimbap|
|Nori sheets||30 (As needed)|
To season the rice:
1. In a large mixing bowl, season the cooked rice with mirin, salt, sugar and sesame oil. Mix well and set aside.
To prepare the spinach:
2. Heat a pan over medium heat with some vegetable oil.
3. Put the parboiled spinach leaves, cover for a minute or so until wilted.
4. Season with garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Toss and pan fry for about 2 minutes. Remove into a bowl and set aside.
To prepare the spam:
5. In a pan, brown the spam, flipping sides (in very little oil) until desired. Remove into a plate, cut into strips and set aside.
To prepare the eggs:
6. In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with garlic, soy sauce, salt, white pepper and sugar to taste.
7. Heat up a frying pan with vegetable oil and fry the eggs, flipping sides until the omelet is done.
8. Cut into strips and set aside.
9. Lay 1 sheet of nori with the non-shiny side down.
10. Grab a medium size ball of rice and spread it out evenly onto the nori.
11. Next, take some spinach, lay it down closer towards you.
12. Then line the egg and the spam together. Roll it and use the mat to hold the roll together and tighten it.
13. Take it out of the matt and wrap it with plastic wrap to cut later. Or you can cut it right away and serve.
14. Serve with danmuji or kimchi and enjoy.
To cook the rice, the ratio is 1:2 of rice to water by volume. In other words, 1 cup of rice requires 2 cups of water. This will take about 30 minutes to cook in a rice cooker.
2. Bamboo rolling mat (sushi mat)
3. Pair of plastic gloves / plastic bags - to cover your hands while working with the rice
4. Plastic wrap
5. 2 Kitchen towels - Cleaned and dried