Chef Jeff Murphy is back with a another 3 part series. For this first course Jeff prepares a wild dandelion green salad with smoked salmon and pine nut hummus. Traditional hummus is made with sesame seeds but we thought it'd be fabulously tasty to switch them out for pine nuts in this episode. Please let us know what you think!
Please see video
1) In a pan, add garbanzo beans and water and boil until tender. Drain them.
2) In a food processor container, add garbanzo, 1 garlic clove and lemon zest, pine nuts and olive oil along with some lemon juice.
3) Blend the mixture into a fine paste.
4) To assemble the salad, place the greens at the bottom of a bowl, sprinkle olive oil, salt, pepper and toss to coat.
5) To serve the salad, in a plate spoon 2 tablespoons hummus and sprinkle greens over it. Top with a piece of smoked salmon, pine nuts and sumac. Serve.
Is it a common scene in your house that nobidy likes to eat greens and that too wild greens? This wild green salad recipe is little different with a Mediterranean touch to it. Watch the video and follow the chef.