Asian Style Calamari Salad
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vietnamese fish sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh minced ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ghost chile||1 Small, minced|
|Manzano chile||1⁄2 , minced|
|Sliced cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Organic arugula||1⁄2 Pound, washed and dried|
|Calamari tubes and tentacles||2 Pound, sliced into 1/2 rings|
|Cherry tomatoes||350 Gram, halved (1 Basket)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced|
1) To make croutons, in a bowl, toss all ingredients.
2) Take a baking tray and put the croutons on it and toast for 350 degree for approximately 12 minute or until toasty.
3) In a large mixing bowl, add lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, ghost chili, manzano chili, cilantro, mint and basil to make the marinade.
4) Add calamari into it and let it marinate for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Take a large sauté pan and heat some oil (olive or vegetable) up to smoking point.
6) Put the calamari mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
7) In a large bowl, add arugula and put the calamari into it.
8) Cook for about 2 minutes then add the calamari to the large bowl of arugula.
9) Take out all the marinade except for 1/2 cup from the sauté pan and heat it to a boil.
10) Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes then add it into the calamari bowl.
11) Toss all ingredients.
12) Top each serving with freshly made croutons (Optional).
Add in batches if necessary as you want calamari to sauté not steam.