Chicken and kimchi is simmered with silky tofu for this delicious and soul warming Korean Chicken Jjigae recipe. This is a very easy and super comforting meal and I hope you try it at home!
1) Start by heating 2 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large pot.
2) Add the chicken pieces and brown lightly.
3) Add 2 1/2 cups of kimchi and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4) Add 2 cups of chicken stock.
5) Add 1 thumb of fresh sliced ginger.
6) Add sliced 5 shiitake mushrooms.
7) Cover the pot and simmer on low heat until the chicken is cooked.
8) Once the chicken is done, add 1 package of silken tofu.
9) Garnish the dish with 3 sliced green onions.
10) Serve the dish with steamed hot rice.