Tteokbokki - Korean Rice Cakes in Savory Miso and Gochujang Sauce
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Pork||200 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Assorted vegetables||400 Gram, chop|
|For the sauce|
|White miso paste||1 Tablespoon (shiro miso)|
|Dashi||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl with sake, add a tablespoon each of gochujang chili paste and white miso. Also add a tablespoon of honey and mix until well combined. Set aside.
2. Take a wok and heat it to high with a couple of tablespoons of sesame oil, add slivered ginger, cook briefly until it starts to smell fragrant.
3. Add thinly sliced pork. Cook that briefly as well, stirring it and breaking it up.
4. Once the pork starts to change color, add the assorted vegetables and the tteokbokki. Stir for a couple of minutes.
5. Now add the prepared sauce mixture and toss everything around until well coated. Then cover and let it simmmer until the tteokbokki are tender.
6. When the tteokbokki are tender and done, give it a taste and season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve warm.
The assorted vegetables used in this recipe are cabbage, carrots, shimeji mushrooms, onions, snow peas and daikon.