Spicy Jjam Ppong
|Mussels||4 Medium (Optional)|
|Pork belly||50 Gram|
|Bamboo shoot||30 Gram (Optional)|
|Dried wood ear mushroom||4 Medium (Optional)|
|Green onion||1 Medium|
|Red pepper flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Udon noodles||360 Gram (Jjam Ppong Noodles)|
|Chicken||1 Pound (For Homemade Chicken Stock)|
|Ginger root||1 Medium (For Homemade Chicken Stock)|
|Garlic clove||7 Medium (For Homemade Chicken Stock)|
|Water||15 Cup (240 tbs) (For Homemade Chicken Stock)|
To prepare the homemade Chicken broth:
1. In a pot, add chicken, water and vegetables (cut into 2-3 inch pieces).
2. Boil for 45 minutes on medium heat
To prepare the seafood for the soup,
3. Wash seafood in cold water with a little bit of salt and cut into bite sizes if necessary.
4. Soak dried wood ear mushrooms in cold water for 20 minutes. Wash thoroughly and cut into smaller pieces.
5. Wash and julienne all vegetables except bamboo shoot and mushrooms.
6. Cut pork belly into small pieces.
7. Start cooking noodles in boiling water. When cooked, wash in cold water and drain well.
8. Pre-heat vegetable oil in a pot, sauté in the order of ginger, pork, seafood, red chill flakes, vegetables, mushrooms (cook 5 minutes each before adding the next item) on HIGH heat. If it gets dry, add more oil.
9. Add 6 cups of chicken broth, add 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic and season with about 1/2 tablespoon of salt (add gradually tasting it).
10. Bring it to boil and add black pepper.
11. Place noodles in a bowl and pour the soup over it.
12. Place seafood on top and garnish with chopped green onions.
13. It's nice to serve with yellow pickled radish on the side if you have some.