Dumplings Recipe (Beef, Pork & Kimchi with Vegetarian Option) 고기 만두
|For the dumpling wraps|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato starch||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Egg white||1⁄2 Medium, divided (1/4 - for the dough and 1/4 - to seal the edges of the dumpling)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed to knead the dough)|
|To prepare the mung bean sprouts|
|Mung bean sprouts||4 Ounce|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (As needed to blanch the sprouts)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|The rest of the ingredients for the filling|
|Ground beef||4 Ounce|
|Ground pork||4 Ounce|
|Glass noodles||4 Ounce (Optional)|
|Kimchi||1 Pound, chopped into small bits (2 - 3 cups of well fermented) (Optional)|
|Tofu||14 Ounce (Bean curd)|
|Shiitake mushrooms||200 Gram (Vegetarian option instead of meat) (Optional)|
|Garlic chives||10 Medium, washed and chopped into small bits|
|Green onions||5 Medium|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|For the seasoning|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (Regular)|
|Red chili pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
To prepare the dumpling wrapper:
1. Sift all purpose flour, potato starch, 1/4 egg white and a pinch of salt. Gradually adding luke warm water mix and knead the dough to an elastic consistency. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes.
2. Soak glass noodles in cold water for at least 20 minutes.
3. Blanch the bean sprouts in salted boiling water for 4 minutes. Rinse in cold water and chop into small bits and squeeze all the water out using lint-free cloth.
4. Chop the well fermented kimchi and rinse lightly in cold water. Squeeze all the water out using clean lint-free cloth.
5. Cut the soaked and drained glass noodles into small pieces. Remove all the water by squeezing using the lint-free cloth.
6. Rinse 14 oz tofu (one block) with cold water. Wrap it with cloth and squeeze until it’s completely crushed and all the water is out.
7. Vegetarian option: Replace any meat with mushrooms. Use 200g of Shiitake mushrooms instead of meat. If they are dried, soak overnight and wash thoroughly. Chop into small pieces and squeeze all the water out.
8. Wash and chop garlic chives and green onions into small bits and pat with a paper towel to remove moisture.
9. Take a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the filling along with the chopped mung bean sprouts. Season with sesame oil, salt and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
10. Dust some flour on a dry cutting board, roll out the prepared dough into a thin sheet (dust while rolling if the dough sticks), cut out circles using a sharp edges used can.
11. Take a wrap, place about a spoon of filling in the middle, fold the wrap in half, line the edge with egg white and seal tightly by pressing the ends together. Make a few wrinkles by pinching and over-wrapping the edge. You can also bring the two ends together.
12. Boil water in a steamer. Line the steamer with a clean cloth. Place dumplings in the steamer so they are not touching each other. Steam for 15 minutes.
13. Serve them on a plate with a dipping sauce on the side.
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58 mg19.3%
Sodium 1531.9 mg63.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet