Chicken Wings: Korean Hot And Spicy Chicken Wing
|Chicken wing||4 Pound|
|Salt||4 Tablespoon (for brining)|
|Garlic granules||6 Tablespoon|
|Red chili flakes||To Taste|
|Rice vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown onion||1⁄2 , silvered|
|Garlic cloves||4 (or more)|
|Ginger||3 Inch, cut in small pieces|
|Korean red pepper powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3 Tablespoon (honey or maple)|
|Sambal sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In 1 large or 2 medium pyrex baking dish, put the chicken along with other brining ingredients and allow to brine for at least of 4 to 24 hours.
2. Remove the chicken wings from the brine and pat them dry.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 F
4. In a food processor, put in onion, ginger and garlic and blend into paste.
5. Add in pepper powder, fish sauce, sesame oil rice vinegar, sugar and sambal sauce, 1 ingredient at a time and blend well after each ingredient is added to make a fine paste.
6. In a bowl, put the chicken wings, and the kimchi paste, and rub well to coat the wings.
7. Place the wings on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. Turn the wings and allow to bake for about 15 minutes until crispy in texture and tender.
9. Serve hot as desired.
Have some chicken stock, water or some beer close by in case your chicken wing paste comes out to thick in which case you can use some of your liquid of choice to thin the paste slightly to make it move and coat the chicken wings evenly.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 64.6 mg21.5%
Sodium 2332.8 mg97.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet