A very popular Korean Snack Food also sold by many Street Vendors. Hot and Spicy (subtly sweet), Sticky and Chewy! Traditionally made with Fish Cakes but really, anything goes.
|Rice cake||4 Cup (64 tbs) (rice cake sticks)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Medium , chopped|
|Crab sticks||3 , softened (or 1|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper paste||5 Tablespoon (Gochujang)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon ((use as much or as little as you'd like|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (or Corn Syrup, Agave, or Rice Syrup)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl with normal water, soak the rice cakes for 30 to 40 minutes.
2. In a large pot, bring water and anchovies to a boil and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain the anchovies and add in rice cake in the stock.
4. In a bowl with pepper paste add in the garlic, fish sauce, sugar, honey and sesame oil.
5. Stir the pepper paste mixture in to the stock, bring to a boil and allow to boil for about 10 minutes.
6. Add in crab cake and onion, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You can also add in vegetable like green onions, cabbage and carrots.
You can also top this with fried egg.