Easy, easy, easy! If you find Korean Cuisine to be intimidating, give this one a try. You can just use Kimchi, Rice, and Butter if you want it super simplified. Add Bacon, Egg, or Scallions to make it even better.
4 , diced
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (deeply fermented)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 (or 2 egg whites and 1 egg yolk)
1. In a non-stick, over medium heat, sauté the bacon and for about 5 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crisp.
2. Add in the khimchi, and stir well for about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add in the olive oil and rice and break the rice and stir well for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Push the rice to 1 side of pan, and place the butter on the clear pan and allow to melt.
5. Pour in the egg, sprinkle on the salt and scramble the egg for 2 minutes.
6. Stir and mix egg and rice, season with pepper and stir to mix.