I love Bánh mì because it’s one of those light and refreshing individual bundles that’s all reserved just for you. What I don’t love is the mystery meat in it. Rather than deconstruct this matter, I took things into my own hands. I stuffed my own version with…wait for it….
1 Pound (iron steak)
1⁄2 , minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1⁄2 , peeled and grated
For sriracha mayo
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (full fat)
2 , grated
2 Inch, grated
3 , sliced horizontally
1. In a plastic container place the steak, sprinkle on top onion, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds and grate apple on top.
2. Wearing gloves message all the ingredients over the steaks, mix well and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, place the mayonnaise and Sriracha and stir well.
4. In another bowl, place together carrots, radish and rice wine vinegar, and mix well.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat vegetable oil, and cook the beef until tender or to desired doneness.
6. Allow the meat to cool slightly and slice thinly.
7. Slice the bread horizontally, and spread mayonnaise mixture on both the sides.
8. Place in layers the beef slices, jalapeno, carrot relish, and cilantro over 1 bread base and top with the bread top slice.