Mildy Spicy and Buttery Yukgaejang ...Traditional Korean Hangover Beef Brisket Soup for Marja.
1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and sliced (lean beef)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (royal fern)
1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced
1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in 2" pieces
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1. In a pot, heat up sesame oil and add in the beef slices and stir for 2 minutes to coat the beef with oil.
2. Add in layers the royal fern, onions and leeks, over the beef.
3. Pour the beef broth and umma paste on top, stir well and bring to a boil.
4. Allow to simmer for 30 to 35 minutes and then add in the moong beans.
5. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.