Crispy Seafood/Scallion Pancakes "Pajeon"
These are stuffed with plump Oysters and Shrimp, woven with bright slices of Scallion.
2 Cup (32 tbs) (unbleached)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
8 Medium (fresh)
12 Medium, cut crosswise
1. In a bowl, place together flour, rice flour and kosher salt, and mix well.
2. Slowly stream in water, and beat well to combine all the ingredients together, do not over mix the batter.
3. Add in the scallions, oysters and shrimps and fold in lightly.
4. In a non-stick pan over medium low heat, add oil and allow to heat.
5. Place about a ladle of batter, spread well and allow to cook for 2 minutes until it turns crisp and light brown on bottom, flip and allow to cook other side.
6. Serve warm with scallion dipping sauce if desired.