Kimchi Sub (Oyster Kimchi aka Gut Juh Lee)
|Napa cabbage head||1 Medium, cut into strips and soaked in brine|
|Coarse pepper flakes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Gochugaru)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, minced|
|Ginger||10 Gram, minced (cloves size)|
|Green onions stalks||3 Medium|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baby brine shrimp||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen oyster||250 Gram (1 package)|
|Coarse sea salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Run a sharp knife through cabbage leaves to cut them in strips.
2. In a large bowl with warm water with 1-cup sea salt, soak the cabbage leaves for about 3 ½ hours.
3. Drain and cabbage, place it in large bowl and set aside.
4. Chop up the green onions.
5. In a bowl, place the pepper flakes, green onions, ginger, garlic, baby shrimps and fish sauce and stir well to mix.
6. Sprinkle the pepper flake mixture over the cabbage and wearing gloves turn around and squeeze, for 5 minutes or until the cabbage is well coated.
7. Add in the oysters and gently fold to coat the oysters.
8. In a glass Tupperware container, put the oyster kimchi and refrigerator for at least 1 day to a week.
9. Serve as desired.
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.1 mg4.7%
Sodium 8053 mg335.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 74.8%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet