1. Run a sharp knife through cabbage leaves to cut them in strips.
2. In a large bowl with warm water with 1-cup sea salt, soak the cabbage leaves for about 3 ½ hours.
3. Drain and cabbage, place it in large bowl and set aside.
4. Chop up the green onions.
5. In a bowl, place the pepper flakes, green onions, ginger, garlic, baby shrimps and fish sauce and stir well to mix.
6. Sprinkle the pepper flake mixture over the cabbage and wearing gloves turn around and squeeze, for 5 minutes or until the cabbage is well coated.
7. Add in the oysters and gently fold to coat the oysters.
8. In a glass Tupperware container, put the oyster kimchi and refrigerator for at least 1 day to a week.
To put it in simple words, Kimchi is the national dish of Korea, which is spicy pickled cabbage. The seasoning and spices used vary with the kind of kimchi prepared. In this video, you will get to learn kimchi that incorporates oysters also. A good dish to be served for those who love Korean food and seafood delicacies!
Kimchi Sub (Oyster Kimchi Aka Gut Juh Lee) Recipe Video