How to Cook Spicy Korean Beef & Seafood Extra Soft Tofu Soup
|Thinly sliced beef||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed seafood||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Kimchi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft tofu||14 Ounce (Korean soft tofu)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Soy sauce||20 Milliliter (1 tablespoon for marinade and 1 teaspoon for cooking)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion slices||2 Medium, cut in half|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Enoki mushroom||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, diced|
|Green onion stalks||2 , sliced|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Large, sliced|
1. In a bowl, marinate the beef with soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, mix well and set aside.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the green onions and jalapeno peppers thinly.
3. Cut the zucchini in quarters and dice them.
4. Cut the ends of enoki mushroom and set aide.
5. Preheat a Korean stew pot on high heat for a minute.
6. Heat oil and add in chilli powder and stir well for about 30 seconds to cook the chilli powder.
7. Put in the beef and stir to coat well.
8. Add in Khimchi, onions, 1/3 of green onion, remaining garlic, ½ of the chicken broth and pour in water it it reaches about 1 inch from top.
9. Cover with lid and allow the mixture to boil.
10. Add in black and white peppers and seafood mix, cover and allow to come to a boil.
11. Put in zucchini, put the lid and bring to a boil.
12. Add in 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, mushrooms and spoon in the tofu.
13. Drop in jalapeno peppers, remaining green onions and the egg on top and simmer until the egg cooks.
14. Serve hot as desired.
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.9 mg50.3%
Sodium 585.6 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet