Asian cuisine focuses on grains, protein, and vegetables for well-rounded healthy meals. This stir fry is no exception. Made with quick-cooking Dreamfields Angel Hair pasta, it's a fresh dish that is super convenient for weeknight dinners.
6 31⁄50 Ounce (Dreamfields, 0.50 Box)
Thinly sliced green onions
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green Part Only)
Reduced sodium fat free chicken broth/Vegetable broth / white wine
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Teaspoon, divided
1 Pound, trimmed (1 Piece)
Shredded fresh ginger
Olive oil/Peanut oil
1 Cup (16 tbs), strings removed
Bell pepper strips
1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 0.25 Inch Thick)
Coarsely shredded carrots
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan. Toss with green onions and sesame oil; set aside.
2) In small bowl, stir together broth and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir in 1 teaspoon soy sauce; set aside.
3) Cut pork into 1/4-inch thick slices. In small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, shredded ginger, garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Add pork; stir to coat completely. Set aside.
4) Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add snow peas; cook and stir 1 minute. Add bell pepper and carrots; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
5) Add half of pork to same skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes, just until cooked through. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining pork. (If pork is sticking to pan, add additional oil, 1 teaspoon at a time.) Return cooked pork to skillet. Stir cornstarch mixture to combine. Add to pork. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Return vegetables to skillet and heat through.
6) Serve pork and vegetables over pasta into 6 serving plates.
7) Nutrition information (1/4 of recipe): 390 calories; 30 g protein; 17 g digestible carbohydrates*; 10 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 61 mg cholesterol; 363 mg sodium; 7 g total dietary fiber.
8) If traditional pasta is used in this recipe there is a total of 47 g carbohydrate.