1. Pick the parsley leaves off the stems. You can cheat by cutting the heads off the entire bunch. It will add stems to the mix, but once it’s finely chopped, it’s all green anyway!
2. Wash and dry your parsley then finely chop.
3. Run luke warm water over your half cup of burghul wheat so it just covers the pile. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop up your mint, dice your tomatoes and chop the green onions.
5. Drain your bulghur, grab it with both hands and squeeze.
6. Add all of the above ingredients to your mixing bowl.
7. Next add your lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and give it a good mix.
8. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
9. Best served in an Iceberg lettuce bowl or scoop it off your plate with pita bread, romaine/bib lettuce or even cabbage.
Depending on the size of the parsley bunches you may need to add more EVOO and lemon juice.
Tabbouleh Salad is a Lebanese salad with 6 different spellings! A very easy no-cook salad with basic ingredients but explosive flavors! This light, nourishing, fresh and refreshing salad is perfect for the hot summer months! It definitely looks and tastes like summer in a bowl!