1. Wash the red beans twice in cold water.
2. Soak the red beans in water for 3 hours.
3. Drain the beans and in a large pot pour water and boil the beans for 5 minutes on high heat.
4. Drain and discard the water, in the same pot pour water and add the beans and cook it once again over medium heat for 1-2 hours or until the beans are soft and done.
5. Keep adding water if the needed.
6. Once done, drain the beans and add it to a blender, pour water and grind until paste.
7. Once done transfer in a pot and add sugar and salt, mix well.
8. Cook it on high heat for 5 minutes, once it reaches to a boil turn off the heat.
9. Stuff the red bean pasta into rice cake and serve.