Perila and Beef Jeon
|Ground beef/Ground pork||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firm tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Large, divided|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Carrot||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Green onion||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. In a mixing bowl combine ground beef with salt and black pepper and cooking wine, mix and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Finely chop the onion, carrots, garlic and green onions, set aside.
3. Wash the tofu and pat them dry with paper towel and crumble it.
4. After 10 minutes add the vegetables, tofu, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper. Mix everything until well combined.
5. Wash and rinse the perila leaves pat them dry.
6. Place flour in a flat plate and in a flat dish crack 2 eggs and whisk.
7. Coat the back of the perila leaves with flour, spread the beef mixture on the floured side of the leaves and then fold it into half, coat the other side with the flour as well.
8. Preheat the frying pan with oil.
9. Dip the stuffed perila leaves in the beaten eggs and fry them in the pan for 8 minutes or each side or until golden brown on all sides.
10. Once done remove and drain excess oil on paper towel.
11. Serve the Perila and Beef Jeon along with your choice of dipping.
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.7 mg44.6%
Sodium 267.6 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet