1. Divide the tofu in half and slice it into ½ inch pieces, place it in a plate.
2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the tofu, set aside.
3. Finely chop onion, green onion and carrots, set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl combine soy sauce, water, sesame oil, sugar, black pepper, sesame seeds, minced garlic and vegetables.
5. Stir everything until well combined.
6. In a plate place cornstarch and coat the tofu in the corn starch mixture.
7. In a nonstick pan pour oil and fry the tofu on both sides over medium heat until it browns on all sides.
8. Once done place it on a paper towel.
9. In another pan place the fried tofu and pour the sauce, fry for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
10. Stir but do not break the tofu, once the sauce thickens turn of the heat.
11. Serve the fried tofu with steamed rice.