Kimchi Bokkeumbap is an easy fried rice using just a few ingredients, perfect for a Monday night. As you have probably already figured out, kimchi is one of my favorite go-to ingredients. Have fun in the kitchen and enjoy!
2 , cooked, chopped
2 Clove (10 gm), thinly sliced
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped finely (Drained on paper towel)
2 Medium (1 egg per serving)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (leftover)
1 Medium, chopped
For the sauce
1. Chop 2 slices of cooked bacon, also finely chop kimchi and drain on a paper towel. Set these aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
3. Take a wok , heat it up with a couple of tablespoons of oil and fry an egg. Set it aside.
4. In the same wok add some cold left over cooked rice, stir for a minute and put it to one side, add the cooked bacon on the other half of the wok. Stir while breaking the rice with your spatula till the desired consistency is reached.
5. Add the chopped and drained kimchi to that and stir til well combined.
6. Add a chopped chili pepper and stir.
7. Add the prepared sauce and stir till well combined.
It’s Monday night, what you going to make for dinner? Have some leftover cooked bacon, cooked rice and a jar of kimchi? Then what you waiting for? This is what you should be making- Korean Kimchi Bokkeumbap (fried rice). Just a few basic ingredients and leftovers from your refrigerator and you have a satisfying, wholesome, comforting and delicious meal in just a few minutes!
How To Make Kimchi Bokkeumbap (Fried Rice) - Test Kitchen Recipe Video