How to make Kimchi Bokkeumbap (Fried Rice) - Test Kitchen
|Bacon slices||2 , cooked, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), thinly sliced|
|Kimchi||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped finely (Drained on paper towel)|
|Eggs||2 Medium (1 egg per serving)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (leftover)|
|Chili pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Dash|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash|
1. Chop 2 slices of cooked bacon, also finely chop kimchi and drain on a paper towel. Set these aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
3. Take a wok , heat it up with a couple of tablespoons of oil and fry an egg. Set it aside.
4. In the same wok add some cold left over cooked rice, stir for a minute and put it to one side, add the cooked bacon on the other half of the wok. Stir while breaking the rice with your spatula till the desired consistency is reached.
5. Add the chopped and drained kimchi to that and stir til well combined.
6. Add a chopped chili pepper and stir.
7. Add the prepared sauce and stir till well combined.
8. Serve warm with the fried egg.
Calories 476 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.8 mg62.6%
Sodium 451.2 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet