Kim Chi: Jook Pa Kimchi An Easy To Make Kim Chi
|Korean scallion/Scallion||3 Bunch (300 gm)|
|Korean chili powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Gochugaru)|
|Anchovy fish sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown onion||1 Small|
|Molasses||2 Tablespoon (or sugar or honey)|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 , sliced|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Short grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed and cleaned|
|Soybean sprouts||1 Pound|
|Egg||2 , scrambled|
|For seasoned mushrooms|
|Shitake mushrooms||4 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Garlic cloves||4 , finely chopped|
|Fresh red chilies||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled), finely sliced|
|Fresh green chili||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely sliced|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For kongnamulbap sauce|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Red chili pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Green chili pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Scallion||1 , sliced|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a baking dish place the scallions and sprinkle with fish sauce.
2. Allow the scallions to marinate about ½ to 1 and hour, rotate the scallion occasionally.
3. In a food processor, combine together chili powder, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and onion.
4. Grind the chili powder mixture into a fine paste.
5. In a sauce pan heat together water and rice flour, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches desired thickness.
6. Allow the rice paste to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Add the rice paste into the chili paste and mix well.
8. Spoon the chili paste all over the scallions and rub well to coat.
9. Allow the scallions to sit in cool dry place for 24 hours.
10. Cover and refrigerate it for 3 to 5 days before serving.
11. For kongnamulbap sauce, in a bowl, mix all the ingredients for kongnamulbap sauce and set aside until needed.
12. In a bowl, mix the mushroom slices with chili pepper, garlic and sesame oil.
13. Rinse and clean the rice for about 3 to 4 times until the water runs clean.
14. In a pot, put the rice with 1 cup of water and soak for 30 minutes.
15. Add in beans sprouts and seasoned mushrooms.
16. Cover and allow the rice mixture to boil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
17. Stir well to mix, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
18. In a bowl, put the rice, egg and again rice to make layers, and invert it on a serving plate.
19. Serve the rice with Kongnamulbap sauce and Jook Pa Kimchi.