With only five ingredients, this recipe for Turkey Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts from Rocky Barragan is one of the easiest healthy appetizer recipes to assemble. If you need a healthy dish to spice up your holiday party, then this is the easy appetizer for you.
Canned water chestnut
16 Ounce, drained
Reduced sodium soy sauce
Organic brown sugar
Turkey bacon slices
8 , cut into halves
Cooking oil spray/Olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. To the drained water chestnuts, add in reduced sodium soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix together and place in the refrigerator and allow marinating for at least 2 hours.
3. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.
4. Wrap a slice of turkey bacon around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Repeat for all water chestnuts.
5. Arrange the water chestnuts on the prepared baking tray. Bake at 350F for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Serve as a finger food with your choice of beverage or drink.
These Turkey Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts will be the perfect hors d'oeuvre for your next holiday party or get together. View this video for the details of this healthy and tasty bite. They'll have your guests thinking you slaved away making them when in reality they couldn't be easier!