Fresh Orange Sherbet In Orange Shells
|Grated orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey/Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet orange marmalade||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cointreau||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mint sprigs||2|
1. Grate orange peels.
2. Cut the top section from 6 oranges. Cone-third of the way down.
3. Squeeze juice from 7 oranges. Juice should measure 2 cups.
4. With a teaspoon, scrape white membrane from the tops and bottoms of 6 oranges. Set aside.
5. In a blender combine grated orange peel and juice, honey, marmalade, cream and Cointreau.
6. Blend ingredients together for 1/2 minute at high speed.
7. In 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan pour the mixture.
8. Place the pan in refrigerator and freeze until firm 1 inch from edge all around for about 3 hours.
9. In blender, blend the mixture again for 1/2 minute till they are soft.
10. Turn the ingredients to the baking pan once again. Freeze for several hours or overnight. ( Freezing improves the flavors)
11. Serve in orange shells, filling bottoms and putting tops in place, and decorated with mint sprig inserted through hole in top.