Mini Meatballs with Asian Dipping Sauce for Cocktail Party
|For the meatballs|
|Extra lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green onion white part||1 Medium, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sweet chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|For frying the meatballs|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Buttermilk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweet chili sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1 Medium, chopped (Green part)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Grape tomatoes||20 Small, halved (As needed)|
To prepare the meatballs:
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together.
2. Take very small portions and roll to form tiny bite sized meatballs.
3. Heat a skillet with olive oil, pan-fry the mini meatballs on medium high heat for about 7-10 minutes. (Flip them every 3 minutes, making sure not to burn them)
To prepare the dipping sauce:
4. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce together.
5. Pour it into a serving dish.
6. Skew each meatball with party toothpick and add half of grape tomato on it. Do the same with all the meatballs and grape tomatoes.
7. Serve accompanied with the prepared sauce and enjoy!
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg5.9%
Sodium 236.9 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet