Hot and crispy Korean style chicken strips in a sweet and spicy gochujang hot sauce. I first sampled this delicious Korean take on fried chicken at a street festival this past summer. I knew at some point in time, I had to try to make it at home. That time is now. Lets cook!
For the fried chicken strips
2 Medium, cut into strips
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For coating the chicken strips)
2 Medium, beaten (For coating the chicken strips)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as needed)
For the sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 Tablespoon (Use as required)
To Taste (If required)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (or more if needed For deep frying)
1. In a cast iron skillet, heat up some oil up to a couple of inches deep.
2. In the meanwhile, dredge the chicken strips, by coating it with first with flour, then egg and then the panko breadcrumbs.
3. Slide in the pieces of chicken into the hot oil and fry them until golden brown or until internal temperature reaches 180 degree F . Set them aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, prepare the sauce by adding sesame oil, gochujang, soy sauce, honey and some hot water. Add few drops of the hot water at a time till the desired consistency is achieved.
5. Once the sauce is ready, add the fried chicken strips to it and toss until they are well coated with the sauce.
6. Serve the chicken strips garnished with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
If you looking to spice up the bland and boring crumbed fried chicken strips, watch MrJingjong aka Jay turn them into hot and crispy Korean style chicken strips glazed with a sweet and spicy gochujang sauce. This delicious Korean take on fried chicken is perfect for your Super Bowl parties or for any party or weekend night. They are spicy hot and delicious!