Chicken Salad Oriental
|Diced cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions/Shallots||2|
|Water chestnuts||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Commercial sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Slivered toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, mix together the cooked chicken, diced celery and sliced onions.
2) Add in the drained, sliced water chestnuts. Mix well. Refrigerate the mixture.
3) In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, ginger, salt and pepper. Add this into the chilled chicken salad.
4) Toss the salad gently.
5) Line a serving bowl with crisp greens. Spoon the salad into the bowl.
6) Garnish the salad with toasted almonds.
If the salad is too solid, place the bowl over boiling water. Then transfer into the refrigerator and chill it becomes soft enough to serve.