1. Cut the fish into bite size pieces.
2. In a container, mix together the salt, wine, and 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
3. Add fish, cover with lid, shake to coat and let marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. In a bowl, combine egg white, and remaining cornstarch. Dip the fish pieces in the mixture and roll to coat well.
5. In a wok or skillet heat oil and then stir-fry the fish pieces until golden.
6. Add the ginger, soy sauce, sugar, and water. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the liquid is evaporated.
8. Garnish with green onion and serve on a bed of rice.
This video recipe for Stir Fried Kosher Tilapia with Soy Ginger is a wonderful dish to enjoy during the nine-day (Tishat HaYamim) period when Jews do not eat meat. It is fragrant with ginger and flavorful with the soy sauce in which the fish is cooked. This is an easy and healthy recipe that is good anytime of the year.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg25%
Sodium 1050.1 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 3%
Vitamin C 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Stir Fry Kosher Tilapia Fillets With Ginger Recipe Video