|Cracked wheat||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||27 1⁄2 Ounce (2 cans, 13 3/4 ounce size)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chow mein noodles||3 Ounce, crumbled (1 can)|
1) In medium saucepan, place together cracked wheat and chicken broth.
2) Put the lid on and bring to boil, lower the heat and allow to simmer 20 minutes.
3) Take the pan off the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes more, or until all liquid is absorbed.
4) Stir in the pepper, butter and chow-mein noodles; toss gently to combine.
5) Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions if desired.
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 112.7 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.4%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.8% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet