|Cracked wheat||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||27 1⁄2 Ounce (2 cans, 13 3/4 ounce size)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chow mein noodles||3 Ounce, crumbled (1 can)|
1) In medium saucepan, place together cracked wheat and chicken broth.
2) Put the lid on and bring to boil, lower the heat and allow to simmer 20 minutes.
3) Take the pan off the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes more, or until all liquid is absorbed.
4) Stir in the pepper, butter and chow-mein noodles; toss gently to combine.
5) Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions if desired.