|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|For egg wash|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1 tablespoon of water|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (Used For Beating The Egg)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Dissolve the sugar and yeast in warm water.
3) In the bowl of a food processor, put 3 cups of flour. Add the butter, salt, yeast mixture and garlic.
4) Add just enough flour, ½ cup at a time, to make a soft dough.
5) Knead the dough till it is soft and elastic.
6) Turn the dough in a greased bowl.
7) Cover with plastic wrap and place the dough in a warm, not hot, place. Let it rise till it has doubled in volume.
8) Punch the risen dough down and divide it into 8 pieces.
9) Roll each dough piece out very thin (about 8 ½ x 1 inches) and place on a greased baking sheet.
10) With egg wash, brush the dough pieces and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, till golden brown in color.
12) Break the preparation into pieces while it is still warm.
13) Serve the Lavash as and when preferred. Makes a really good side dish. The bread can be made several days in advance and frozen till it is time to serve.