Persian Chicken Pilau
|Chicken pieces||2 Pound (4-6, About 2 Pounds Or More)|
|Dried apricots||4 Ounce|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated|
|Natural yogurt||6 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Long grain rice||12 Ounce|
1) Slice the onions and chop the apricots.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and 1 oz butter.
3) When foaming, fry chicken pieces until golden brown.
4) Take out chicken from oil and allow to cool.
5) In the same oil, cook onion- until golden, add chopped apricots; sprinkle with cinnamon, lemon rind, salt and ground black pepper.
6) Remove bones from chicken pieces and shred meat.
7) Mix yoghurt and onion mixture and soak chicken in this while rice is cooking.
8) In boiling salted water, cook rice for 10-12 minutes.
9) Drain and rinse with boiling water.
10) Let them dry for a few minutes.
11) Heat 1 1/2 oz butter in thick pan or casserole, put half rice into pan and mix well with butter and seasoning.
12) Over rice, spoon chicken mixture, and put remaining rice on top.
13) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
14) Melt remaining butter and spoon over rice.
15) With a cloth and lid, cover the pan, and cook gently for 15-20 minutes until all the flavours are blended; the cloth absorbs extra moisture. (This process can be done in the oven but cloth should not be used.)
16) Brown slivers of almonds.
17) Sprinkle the almonds on top of rice, and serve at once.