Hot Persian Yogurt Soup
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow split peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Chopped spinach||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Plain yogurt||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Take a pot and add split peas, rice and water into it.
2. Boil the mixture and cook over low heat for about 2 hours until the peas turn tender.
3. Add spinach and salt and cook over low heat until the spinach gets cooked.
4. Add water to thicken the mixture. It should be slightly thicker than cake batter.
5. Take a saucepan, heat some oil and cook onion until it is tender.
6. Stir in pepper, turmeric and pour the mixture over rice and peas.
7. Stir in yogurt and cook over low heat for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
8. Serve the hot Persian yogurt soup as a complete meal.