Asian style Chicken Salad
|Frying chicken||4 Pound, cut off the bone into bite size pieces (1 Chicken)|
|Dry sherry/Saki||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Japanese Rice Wine)|
|Chinese soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced ginger root/Powdered ginger- 1/2 teaspoon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bean sprouts/Young green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine together sherry or saki, soy sauce and ginger.
2) Stir in the chicken and allow to marinate for several hours.
3) Drain the chicken pieces and reserve the marinade.
4) In a saucepan heat oil and brown the chicken pieces.
5) Pour in 1/3 cup of water and the remaining marinade.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for about 15 minutes until the chicken is tender.
7) Remove the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
8) In a bowl, mix together beans sprouts or green beans, celery, sesame seeds, lettuce and almonds.
9) Stream the almond mixture over the chicken and mix thoroughly.
10) Check for seasoning and adjust to taste and allow to cool.
11) Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions if desired.
Calories 1215 Calories from Fat 778
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.8%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.2 mg113.4%
Sodium 1707.1 mg71.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 91 g182.6%
Vitamin A 193.2% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet