Hand's down one of the best Vietnamese Fish sauce called "Nuoc Mam." This is a recipe passed down from generations from Viet's Mom and grandmother and back to the motherland in Vietnam. This traditional fish sauce is unique, but fairly simple to make. Please try and you won't be disappointed.
3 Cup (48 tbs)
Three crabs fish sauce
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Squid brand fish sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
4 Medium, chopped finely
Chili sauce/Serrano chilies
1 Teaspoon (As per your taste)
1 Tablespoon (Juice from one lime)
1. In a bowl of water, add 'Three Crabs' fish sauce, 'Squid' (brand) Fish sauce along with white sugar and white distilled vinegar. Mix to combine well.
2. Transfer into a pot and boil. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and let simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Take it off the heat and let cool. Refrigerate for a couple of hours until cold.
4. Once cold, add the garlic chili sauce and lime juice. Stir to mix well.
5. Serve as a dipping sauce with any dish of your choice.