Grilled Vegetable Kebabs with a Hot Motato Glaze
|Aubergine||1 , sliced into 1-inch thick rounds|
|Pepper||1 , de-seeded and cut into chunks (Red or yellow)|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced thickly|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , skinned, de-seeded and chopped finely|
|Shallot||1 , chopped finely|
|Horseradish sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. To prepare the aubergine slices cut them into quarters.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
3. Remove the rack and line the tray with foil.
4. On to 4 small skewers thread the aubergine, pepper and courgettes.
5. Brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning and brushing with oil frequently, until the vegetables have softened and colored.
To make the glaze :
7. In a small bowl mix together the tomatoes, shallot and horseradish sauce.
8. Stir in any remaining oil and then use to brush over the vegetables for the last 5 minutes of grilling.
9. To serve, brush the kebabs with the remaining glaze and season to taste.
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 153.5 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet