Glazed Sausage Kebabs
|Sausages||8 , cut into thirds (95% fat-free)|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced thickly|
|Tomatoes||8 Small, halved|
|Dessert apples||2 , cored, and cut into eighths|
|Onions||4 Small, quartered|
|Mango chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarse grain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. To make the glaze in a small pan, gently heat all the glaze ingredients together stirring to mix tor a couple of minutes.
2. Heat the grill to medium, thread alternate pieces of sausage, courgette, tomato, apple and onion on to 8 small skewers and gill the kebabs for 12-15 minutes.
3. Brush them with the glaze while turning them regularly.
4. In a bowl mix any pan juices with left over glaze.
5. Drizzle it over the kebabs and serve.
Calories 523 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 86.4 mg28.8%
Sodium 903.9 mg37.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 37.3% Vitamin C 95.8%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet