Persian Stuffed Eggplant
|Yellow peas||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley sprigs||6 (For Garnishing)|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnishing)|
1. Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees C.
2. Take eggplants and cut it lengthwise into half, without tampering the stem.
3. Oil a baking sheet and place the eggplant with its chopped size down.
4. Cover and bake it at 375 degrees C for around 30-40 minutes or until it becomes tender.
5. Meanwhile, take yellow split peas in a small pot.
6. Cover it with water and let it cook for 30 minutes or until it begins to dissolve.
7. Remove water from it and keep it aside.
8. In a skillet, warm olive oil gently over a very low flame.
9. Add onions and saute it for 5 minutes or until it becomes soft.
10. Add ground turkey and mix it until the pink colour vanishes.
11. Add nuts, raisins, coriander and ginger. Stir it well.
12. Add split peas and stir again.
13. Add salt and pepper for the seasoning and your filling ready.
14. In a baking pan, invert the baked eggplant halves such that the cut portion is facing up.
15. With the help of a spoon or a fork, mash the pulp. Ensure that you don-€™t break the skin.
16. Remove the pulp and make a hollow in each half of the eggplant.
17. Distribute the filling evenly in the eggplant and bake it for another 15 minutes or until it turns at the top.
18. Serve Persian Stuffed Eggplant with a wedge of lemon and a sprig of parsley.
Calories 726 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 119.4 mg39.8%
Sodium 299.5 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.4%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 41 g82.3%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 49%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet