Oriental Pineapple Chicken
|Skinned boned chicken breast halves||6|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and cut into 2-inch strips|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into 2-inch strips|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 2-inch strips|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Canned pineapple chunks||15 1⁄4 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Beef-flavored bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (To Serve 4)|
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and combine with soy sauce.
2. Let it stand for about 20 minutes.
3. Dip chicken into eggs and dredge in flour.
4. In a frying pan heat oil at (375°) and fry until golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towels, and set aside.
6. In the empty pan saute carrots, celery, green pepper and onion in butter until crisp-tender and set aside.
7. Drain pineapple, reserving liquid and set pineapple aside.
8. In a saucepan combine reserved liquid and cornstarch, stirring well and add bouillon granules and water.
9. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
10. Stir in dash of pepper and the pineapple chunks.
11. Place chicken pieces on a serving platter, arrange sauteed vegetables over chicken and top with pineapple sauce.
12. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.7 mg43.9%
Sodium 595.8 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 75.5% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet