Malaysian Otak Otak
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 , chopped|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1|
|Ground coriander seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||2 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Tomatoes||2 (To Garnish)|
|Lettuce||1⁄8 (To Garnish)|
1) Using a wooden meat-beater, beat the fish gently to loosen the skin,.
2) Gently take out the flesh, damaging the skin as little as possible.
3) Take out all the bones.
4) Finely chop the flesh.
5) In a bowl, place the chopped fish with the coriander, seasoning, onion and garlic, egg and milk.
6) Mix the fish mixture well together.
7) In a frying pan, heat margarine, and cook the fish mixture without drying the mixture.
8) Stuff the fish skins with this stuffing.
9) Wrap each fish stuffed skin in cabbage leaves and place in steam container.
10) Steam for about 20 minutes, or until the cabbage leaves are soft.
11) In a pan, heat the olive oil and fry the cabbage parcels until browned.
12) Serve hot garnished with small pieces of pepper, tomato and lettuce.
Calories 1226 Calories from Fat 954
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g165.8%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg40.5%
Sodium 287.5 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.3%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 68.5% Vitamin C 394.6%
Calcium 31.1% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet