Turkish Poached Mullet
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Peeled potatoes||1 Pound|
|Scraped sliced carrots||8 Ounce|
|Celery heart||1 , quartered|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Slice the potatoes into even-sized pieces.
2) In a casserole, heat the oil. Add in the chopped onions, potatoes, carrots and celery. Saute the vegetables for 5 minutes. Do not let them brown.
3) Next, add in the garlic, water, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4) Slice the lemon thin.
5) Add in the mullet steaks to the casserole along with the lemon. Let it come to a boil. Cover the casserole and cook on simmer for 15 minutes or till the fish becomes tender.
6) Take the casserole off the flame. Transfer onto a serving dish. Sprinkle the top with parsley leaves. Let the casserole cool down completely.
7) Serve the Turkish Poached Mullet with grilled pita bread, plain or saffron rice, sliced tomato and onion ring salad on the side.