Indonesian Sate Ayam
|Chicken||1 Large, cut into small pieces|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chinese soy sauce||To Taste|
|Red chilli||1 , steamed|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Peanut butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Cubed meat||1 , dissolved in a little water|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1) Thread the chicken pieces into the metal skewers.
2) In a bowl, place together ground black pepper, salt and sprinkling of Chinese soy sauce.
3) Stream the soy sauce mixture over the chicken.
4) In a steamer, steam the chicken until it is tender
5) Place the skewer on a broiler pan and broil about 3 inch from the heat until browned.
6) In a mortar and pestle, place together steamed red chilli, two or three cloves of fried garlic, peanut butter and meat cube dissolved in a little boiling water, and add lemon juice to taste.
7) Pound the chilli mixture to make a fine paste.
8) Serve the chicken skewers with the pounded sauce on side.