Cranberry Orange Sherbet
|Cranberries||8 Ounce, rinsed and drained (2 Cup)|
|Orange||1 Medium, quartered, seeded, but not peeled|
|Orange flavored liqueur||5 Tablespoon|
1) Use a blender or food processor with steel blade, to add the cranberries and orange.
2) Process the fruits to prepare a coarse puree by adding the liqueur.
3) Stir in sugar and salt to taste.
4) Continue processing until the mixture becomes smooth with some chunks of fruits inside.
5) Adjust the sugar, by adding, as per your taste.
6) In a bowl, beat egg whites to form stiff peaks.
7) Add ¼ of beaten egg whites into the mixture and stir well.
8) Fold the fruit mixture into the remaining beaten egg whites.
9) Place inside frozen zone to freeze, until it is serving time.
10) Directly serve from freezer, if the mixture has been placed inside freezer just 1-2 hours before. But, if it is more than couple of hours, then defrost the sherbet a little and beat to reach the perfect consistency of sherbet. Garnish with fresh orange slices, if desired.
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.28 g0.42%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114.7 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet