|Minced beef/Lamb||2 Pound|
|Onion||2 Medium, 1 finely chopped, 1 sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), pounded|
|Ginger root||1 Inch, pounded|
|Green chillies||4 , finely chopped|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|Coriander sprigs||5 , finely chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Pound, chopped|
1) In a mortar and pestle, place chopped onions, shallots, coriander leaves, green chillies, garlic and ginger and pound together.
2) In a bowl, place the minced meat and add the pounded mixture.
3) Stir the meat mixture well, and add salt and curry powder.
4) Shape the meat mixture into small balls of about one teaspoon each of the meat mixture.
5) In a large frying pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil or ghee and place in mince balls.
6) Gently fry for about 5 minutes.
7) Stir in tomatoes, sliced onion, 2 green chillies, cinnamon sticks and 1 teaspoonful curry powder, if desired, and salt into the pan.
9) Put the lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
10) Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves and rice on side.
If dry kebabs are required, drain mince balls of oil after frying them.
Calories 681 Calories from Fat 399
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.8%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g71%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 140.6 mg46.9%
Sodium 271.7 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 48 g96.6%
Vitamin A 46.9% Vitamin C 106.9%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 34.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet