Broiled Liver Kebabs
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Beef liver||2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick|
|Zucchini||2 , sliced 3/4 inch thick|
1) Combine together the onion, tomato juice, lemon juice, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2) Cut the liver into 1-inch pieces and place them in a bowl.
3) Over the liver, pour the tomato marinade.
4) Cover and place in the fridge for at least 5 hours, or even overnight, turning at least once.
5) Take the liver out of the marinade and drain it.
6) Preheat a broiler.
7) On 6 skewers, alternately thread liver, zucchini and mushrooms.
8) Baste well with the marinade.
9) Place the skewers under the preheated broiler and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, till the desired level of doneness has been achieved, basting occasionally.
10) With a cherry tomato, cap each skewer and broil for another 1 minute.
11) Serve the kebabs while they are still hot. These make a good appetizer and can be served with a sauce of preference.