Broiled Liver Kebabs
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Beef liver||2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick|
|Zucchini||2 , sliced 3/4 inch thick|
1) Combine together the onion, tomato juice, lemon juice, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2) Cut the liver into 1-inch pieces and place them in a bowl.
3) Over the liver, pour the tomato marinade.
4) Cover and place in the fridge for at least 5 hours, or even overnight, turning at least once.
5) Take the liver out of the marinade and drain it.
6) Preheat a broiler.
7) On 6 skewers, alternately thread liver, zucchini and mushrooms.
8) Baste well with the marinade.
9) Place the skewers under the preheated broiler and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, till the desired level of doneness has been achieved, basting occasionally.
10) With a cherry tomato, cap each skewer and broil for another 1 minute.
11) Serve the kebabs while they are still hot. These make a good appetizer and can be served with a sauce of preference.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1608 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.1%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.3%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 2494.9 mg831.6%
Sodium 3308.6 mg137.9%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 199 g398.4%
Vitamin A 3116.1% Vitamin C 254.9%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 267.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet